Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Gumby and Pokey

Today I was introduced to two characters who reside in the ANTS library. Theses characters are Gumby and Pokey; Gumby a green flexible/bendable character and Pokey his best friend (an orange horse also flexible/bendable). Just as Gumby and Pokey need each other, we need one another. In life and in relationships there are times we need to stand tall like Gumby knowing that we are of value, and other times when we must bend and be flexible.

When are we willing to bend? Do we bend for ourselves or out of our call to love our neighbor?

When do we stand tall? Do we stand tall knowing we are loved by the one who made us and that we matter to others?

It was a joyous surprise to encounter Gumby and Pokey today. I wonder what other surprises and encounters are waiting to be experienced. Who will you meet today?

1 comment:

Scott said...

Gumby and Pokey live at ANTS! Wow! Are they made of clay like their original selves?

What a great lesson to get from them; I never saw much of their show, but this should have been one of their lessons if it wasn't.

I also think that since Gumby and Pokey knew they were a bit squishy, it was nice to have a friend around to help out.