There is something so profound in the presence of rainbows. Rainbows have a way of catching me off guard, and causing me to stop for a moment to witness the great presence of God in the world. This momentary pause in my hurried day, provides an energy and peace unique to that experience. The great joy that the sun will come again, just as the son came to fulfill the prophesies of old.
We cannot keep rainbows for ourselves, the joy and presence is freely offered to all.
Friday, March 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When I think of Rainbows, I think of Genesis 9 and God's Covenant with Noah.
One of my favorite references to rainbows is the love Amy had for them from an early age. I especially enjoy remembering the rainbow made from puffy tissue paper. Amy, you've often shown me God's love when all seemed very dark.--Mom
Post a Comment